The Signed field

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Rui Guerreiro
Captain
Captain

The Signed field

Post by Rui Guerreiro »

Here's another one for the big dogs ;)

I'm using the Signed field as a check field for something else other than, well, Signed... I already changed the RealTitles.strings from "Signed" to what I want, and it's working as expected, but I'd rather have the Yes in my own language, or a check mark sign for example, whenever a book has that field checked.
Can I do this?
Hope I'm not trying to dig too deep... :)

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Rui
Conor
Top Dog

Re: The Signed field

Post by Conor »

The "Yes" should be in your own language unless your language is one that Bookpedia does not have. In that case you can go into Bookpedia.app folder with ctrl-click and use "Show Package Contents" and navigate to Contents/Resources/English.lproj. Duplicate this folder and rename the copy Portuguese.lproj or br.lproj and then in a text editor open the localization.strings file inside the new folder and look for

Code: Select all

"Yes" = "Yes";
Change the second yes to be the translation.
Rui Guerreiro
Captain
Captain

Post by Rui Guerreiro »

Hey Conor,

Don't you guys sleep? ;) Always some fresh answer in my mailbox from you...
Unfortunatelly, I don't see any localization.strings file inside English.Iproj folder... :( I did duplicate the folder and rename it to Portuguese.Iproj, but it wasn't there in the first place anyway...

Now what?

Thanks.

Best,
Rui
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

My fault I gave you the default location, but the localization.strings file is inside the framework. So apply the same trick of duplicating the English.lproj folder but the one located in Bookpedia.app/Contents/Frameworks/Pediabase.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj
Rui Guerreiro
Captain
Captain

Post by Rui Guerreiro »

Nice! And now I can even change lots of other stuff to Portuguese too... :)
In the end I'll send you the translated version in case you guys want to include it in future versions.

Thanks a million, again.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Sure, do send us the files if you end up translating the whole thing. We don't have any plans to add further localizations at this point but it's always good to be prepared in any case. :)