Cast Info

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
daneel

Cast Info

Post by daneel »

I've just bought a copy of Dvdpedia and added in my entire collection. Everything works as advertised so far except for one problem. Instead of downloading the names of the actors for the cast information section of a movie listing, dvdpedia is downloading the names of the characters in the movie alone. Is there any way I can fix this ?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Cast Info

Post by Nora »

Could you give us a few examples of titles where this is happening? Are you using IMDb for the search or Amazon?
daneel

Post by daneel »

I'm using imdb. And its not an isolated incident, it happens across the board. Every movie I add is like this.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry but I can't repeat the problem here. I get both the 'Role' and the 'Name' column filled in for the Credits tab. Do you have any additional options checked under the IMDb Options (found under the Plug-ins menu, the little white cube next to the Help menu)? Do please give us a few sample titles of entries from your library so we can try searching for those specifically.

Are you logged in at the IMDb website?

Also, make sure you have the latest version of DVDpedia. Just to be sure, download the program once more from here.
daneel

Post by daneel »

The options i have ticked under the imdb options menu are complete actors, uncredited credits, cinematographer, produced by and plot keywords.

I have the bog standard set of hollywood films, so i don't think the problem is because they're to obscure to be have proper imdb info or summat. Still, here are a few sample titles - American Gangster, American History X, Adulthood, All The King's Men, Amadeus, Almost Famous, Amelie, Alfie, Across The Universe.

I am logged in at the imdb site. Although I don't see how that makes any difference.

I did have the latest version. But I re-downloaded and re-installed and tried again. Problem still persists.

EDIT: seems to be fixed on new additions. but getting info for the already added movies is till a problem.

RE-EDIT: a couple more updates and it finally gets all the info. thanks for all your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the details and information. We are glad it's working now, if in the future you run into any problems don't hesitate to tell us.