PocketPedia2 Beta profile expiring notice?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Tybee

PocketPedia2 Beta profile expiring notice?

Post by Tybee »

Hi,

Despite the partial gimping of PocketPedia 2, I am still an enthusiastic user of the app. It's a great way to keep up with my media on the go. The workaround I use for the inability to add new items is simply to keep a Notepad list of items I want to add to my wishlists in the desktop Pedias, then sync with my phone.

Recently I have been receiving a notice on my phone saying something along the lines of the "Pocketpedia beta provisioning profile will expire April 29" (tomorrow). Will this make it impossible to continue to use PocketPedia? Or can I just remove this profile? If I need to renew it, how do I do that?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia2 Beta profile expiring notice?

Post by Conor »

The provisioning profile was for the beta version, and hopefully you have the official downloaded version from the App Store. (If the Pocketpedia 2 icon does not have the word "beta" on it, then you have the official version). Feel free to delete the provisioning profile to avoid the warning.
Carla216

Post by Carla216 »

I'm not finding PocketPedia in the iTunes App Store. Already been pulled just since April 29? :cry:
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We've had to pull Pocketpedia2 back in January actually (see here). But thanks for the tip in your other post about Powells. We'll take a look at their API and see if they'd be a good fit for Bookpedia.
Carla216

Post by Carla216 »

That sucks, thanks for letting me know, and you're welcome. Hope it works out!