How install PP2 on my iPad ?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

How install PP2 on my iPad ?

Post by fpy »

I bought PP2 some months ago on the Appstore... and it still works and syncs with my iPhone. :D
How can I install the application on my new iPad?
May I just put a copy in the iPad Mobile Application folder, and sync the iPad with my Mac? For the moment, PP2 doesn't appear in the iPad applications list in the iTunes' window...
Thanks for your help.
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How install PP2 on my iPad ?

Post by fpy »

Nobody? :shock:
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

fpy wrote:May I just put a copy in the iPad Mobile Application folder, and sync the iPad with my Mac? For the moment, PP2 doesn't appear in the iPad applications list in the iTunes' window...
Disclaimer: I don't have multiple devices to manage with iTunes so I'm not up-to-speed on the issues.

Maybe dragging/dropping the app (saving a backup first) into iTunes (either to the Dock icon or under the LIBRARY section of the source list) will force it to be reinstalled? Based on recent experience, iTunes doesn't automatically discover apps that are copied (e.g. with Finder) into the Mobile Applications folder …

I'm still looking for an optimal way to merge my primary iTunes library (and content) from an iMac G5 into another relatively large iTunes library on a Mac mini, retaining as much metadata as possible. Thought I might start small by copying the Mobile Applications folder but the apps don't show up in iTunes on the mini (even after enabling Apps under General Preferences).

I've installed beta versions of iPhone apps simply by dragging/dropping them (and their provisioning profiles) into iTunes on the iMac G5. So, I'm pretty sure I can do that on the mini with apps previously downloaded from the App Store. But it may be best to first move the copied Mobile Applications folder to another location so there's no risk of confusing iTunes by having the same source and destination folder. Actually, I'll probably tinker with this on my MBP before doing anything else on the mini since there's no iTunes library and content on the MBP to mess up.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

On the MBP and mini, when I dropped the copied …/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications (from the iMac) into iTunes it appeared to properly process/install all the iPhone/iPad apps, i.e. they show up under Apps in the library and device tab. But a Sync Apps would replace all the apps and data, which I'm still figuring out how to avoid.