New design for Discshop.se

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Jonas
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: New design for Discshop.se

Post by Jonas »

Once again Discshop.se have redesigned their site. So no reusults can be found by DVDPedia. Would it be possible to update the plug-in to make it work again?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Download the DVDpedia beta and you'll find the problem fixed. Thanks for letting us know.
Jonas
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Jonas »

Thank you! It works great.
Jonas
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Jonas »

Hi again.
I have just started to learn to use Xcode, and I think it would be nice to try to do some tweaks of my own to the Discshop plug-in.
Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the source for the Discshop plug-in?
I have seen in other topics that you sometimes link to different plug-ins for users to modify, but I have not seen a link to the one for Discshop.se.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear you are learning Cocoa, it's a great programming language.

Here is the link to the plug-in as you probably read after you download it you need put a copy of DVDpedia into the build folder as well. If your not sure where the build folder would be, build it once and will give an error of the location (as well as create the folder if it does not exist). This is due to the fact that is has a script at the end that copies the plug-in into the program to make it easier to run. In fact you can then use "Project-->New Custom Executable" to add that version of DVDpedia as you executable and then use Xcode like any regular project including the ability to debug (command-y) and step through the plug-in.
Jonas
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Jonas »

Thank you very much. I have managed to make a few nice adjustments.
Among other things to get the large image for the front cover instead of the thumbnail (by changing the path "img/omslag/front_large/" to "img/front_large/") and to add the IMDB-number (with "tempString = [results stringBetween:@"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt" and:@"/"];").

A question I have is whether it matters if I choose "debug" or "release" when I Build the plug-in. It seems to work fine whatever I choose.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That is some great news, thank you for the details on the changes, I have worked them in for the next version.

There no difference in the builds for personal use. The debug version will only work on your computer, if you want to send the plug-in to someone you have to send them the release build.