EyeTV import fields problem

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
raize
Contributor
Contributor

EyeTV import fields problem

Post by raize »

With 5.1.0, importing an EyeTV file puts the series name in the title field, and nothing in the series field.

The episode name is made the name of the file link, which is fine. It would be good if this went into the title field, but at a minimum, I'd love to see the series field being populated.

On another issue, if the file has been renamed, presumably via edit info in EyeTV, occasionally the old name resurfaces in some field or other, even though it is no longer the file name. Presumably it is stored in one of the strings in one of the files in the EyeTV package? I know that there are lots of things called some variation of "title" in the package, and it must be tricky!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: EyeTV import fields problem

Post by Conor »

EyeTV does not have a label for the series name, so figuring it out from the available information is quite complicated. The label they do have is "title" and this could be the actual title of the episode or a movie or the series name. There is a case we the import does know the series name and adds it to the field, but only when it's sure it the series. If you send me a couple of the files from inside your EyeTV package for some series, I can look if there a way to detect the series name in these cases. The relevant files are the ones that end in .eyetvp and .eyetvr.
Welknownd
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Welknownd »

Isn't there a name in the tags that should be displayed?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is no specific named tag. EyeTv has the habit of listing everything under the title/display tag. Most of their fields are geared towards the origin of the clip. This is likely due to the fact that they work with TV listings that simply only list a title/display name for those air times and not specific series and episode names.