Search via Amazon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Search via Amazon

Post by AFG034 »

This may have been answered or discussed already, so if that's true, can someone just please point me in the direction of this answer.

I noticed that when I search for movies with the UPC code, it doesn't search Amazon. Is there a way I can turn that feature on?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Search via Amazon

Post by Nora »

To search Amazon you have to sign up for an AWS and associate account on the Amazon site first. You can read more about that in the Help and on our blog here and here.
CLOUISE

Post by CLOUISE »

I have done everything you have said -- Access key, Secret key, and my Associates ID. Amazon is not even being searched when I add a book/game/dvd.

Please help.
CLOUISE

Post by CLOUISE »

I quit the program, and then opened it up again. Now it works. Yikes!!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the update. Should have worked without needing a restart, but it never hurts.
Wheelie4
Captain
Captain

Post by Wheelie4 »

Okay guys I got a problem. I've been using the AWS feature in DVDPEDIA to search movie titles on Amazon but now with the Associate ID required I can't search Amazon anymore. When I try to sign up for the free associate ID it tells me I can't, it tells me nobody in my state (North Carolina) are allowed in the program. Now I can't search Amazon for movie titles anymore. Anybody got any ideas?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry that Amazon is cracking down on the searches and limiting them to associate account holders. You could ask a friend out-of-state if you could use their address for the sign up. Alternatively, check out the other search sites available in DVDpedia to use instead of Amazon. Doghouse has become a great resource thanks to all the users who have contributed their data and the moderators who are constantly ensuring that the info is correct and up-to-date and of course IMDb and TMDb are great resources as well.
Wheelie4
Captain
Captain

Post by Wheelie4 »

Thanks Nora. Hadn't tried Doghouse. Didn't know much about it. Sweet, it's like the database used with DVDProfiler back in my Windows days. :)