DVDpedia (5.1.3) and PocketPedia (3.0.2) won't sync

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia (5.1.3) and PocketPedia (3.0.2) won't sync

Post by Rigido »

Hi Conor...I'm back! :)
Ok, I moved to OS 10.8.2 (fresh install), sold my 4S and took a brand new iPhone5.
I moved DVD and CDpedia's databases to the new Library folder and everything looks fine, then I started PocketPedia on the (restored) iPhone and tried to sync, but no authorization window appeared on DVDpedia app.
On your "Sync Troubleshooting" you wrote that Mac and iPhone must be on the same WIRELESS network, what if they are on the same network but iMac is cabled and iPhone is WiFi?
This should be just a network transfer, isn't it?

Ciao!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia (5.1.3) and PocketPedia (3.0.2) won't sync

Post by Conor »

Congratulation on the new iPhone5.

Cabled is okay, for the most part. The router that provides the bridge between the WiFi and the cabled network should be the same so that the WiFi is not a subnetwork. The way to check this is in the network settings of both the Mac and the iPhone make sure that the IP address first 3 numbers are the same or that the IP address of the gateway is the same (all 4).

Do try the usual culprits such as restarting the iPhone completely. Although if you did a restore on the new iPhone, then it won't ask for a authorization as it knows you have authorized syncing in the past. It doesn't sound as if they are not seeing each other as Pocketpedia will complain after one minute if DVDpedia does not respond to a sync request.

Also new Pocketpedia 3.0.3 on the way in about two days, so stay tuned.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDpedia (5.1.3) and PocketPedia (3.0.2) won't sync

Post by Rigido »

Ciao Conor,
installed PP 3.0.3 and tried to sync and again it LOOKED like it was stuck somewhere.
This time I let it run as you wrote that should be a 1 minute timeout...apps keep running for about 3 minutes and than authorization window popped out from DVDpedia!!!
Don't know if it is the new router (Asus N55U) 5Ghz WiFi, iOS6, iPhone5 or whatever related, but not it synced all the database, just had to wait longer. :)

Even other apps seem to have issues connecting to iPhone5, PhoneView had problems with cable too, and iTunes lost WiFi connection some times.
Just to let you know it.

Ciao.