Duplicate barcodes

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
BatteriesNotIncluded
Contributor
Contributor

Duplicate barcodes

Post by BatteriesNotIncluded »

Long time DVDPedia user here (2008, baby!)

Got a feature I think could be neat. When adding multiple new entries via the "Add Many" button, it would be good if the result was cross-checked against the library for any duplicate entries. This could be especially handy for folks like me who get behind on their cataloguing sometimes and forget what they've scanned so far!

Thanks
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate barcodes

Post by FineWine »

You are correct it is not picking up duplicate entries.

I have let Conor know.
BatteriesNotIncluded
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much.

For extra clarity, it's not only duplicate barcodes in the line-up waiting for processing, but also for matching entries already in the library.

For example, I go to scan, say, DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) 4K. Only, that exact release is already scanned into my library. It would be nice for DVDPedia to suggest something along the lines of: "This particular release is already in the library. Are you sure you want to add another?"
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:51 am For example, I go to scan, say, DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) 4K. Only, that exact release is already scanned into my library. It would be nice for DVDPedia to suggest something along the lines of: "This particular release is already in the library. Are you sure you want to add another?"
This is what it used to do, so something has gone awry.
BatteriesNotIncluded
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, interesting! I know it does it for adding single titles at a time (which appears to be working as normal), but didn't know it used to do it for when adding multiple titles. Would be great to have that back if possible.