A few more questions

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

A few more questions

Post by danco »

I'll run out of questions soon, as I get used to a new program.

After one has done a simple search (say, for an author) what's the neatest way of getting back to the full library?

I have a large book database (around 4000 books), so I am not surprised that actually adding a book (as distinct from retrieving information for it) is slow. Are there any tricks for speeding this up?

In the "cascade" sequence, I have Amazon UK above Amazon US. I entered an ISBN, and it came up with only one item, which was the UK edition. If I did an explicit search at Amazon US, the result was the US edition (apart from the price, there were a few other very small diferences). My guess is that US and UK versions usually have different ISBNs, but in this case the ISBN ended in X rather than a digit. I am wondering if there is any very easy way of getting both versions to show up on an initial lookup.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

After one has done a simple search (say, for an author) what's the neatest way of getting back to the full library?
Press the Escape key to empty the search field.

Speed for adding entries or searching won't be an issue anymore with version 4.0 since we're switching to CoreData. (At the moment the add function is slow because the Library re-sorts itself, with 4000 entries that takes a while.)

At the moment the cascade search stops at the first result so there is no way to see results from separate sites. But thanks for bringing that up. Maybe we can change this in the future.