Update PediaItem Files / Quick Look (DVDpedia)

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Ronny
Inductee
Inductee

Update PediaItem Files / Quick Look (DVDpedia)

Post by Ronny »

Helllo,

I made the steps your video shows about Quick Look integration. It's indeed a very nice feature :-)
But in my library not all Titles show as "DVD: This Film"... some look like "1562.pedia_md_d" (with Cover), other like "B000FC2HS6.pedia_md_d" with a CD as icon (not quick-view-able). I got about 1200 "PediaItem" Files for a library of 500 films.
I realized that all titles I touch get the right Filename afterwards.
So, is there a way to touch-up alle files in one step? Rebuild library has gone? What about those CD-looking files that I can't preview?

Thanks in advance, Ronny
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

To redo all the Spotlight files run DVDpedia and under the help menu you will find a menu to toggle Spotlight off and on. This will recreate all the files. If you have trouble previewing some of the files and you don't get the right thumbnail, make sure you only have one version/copy of DVDpedia on your hard drive. There is a bug in Leopard that if two of the same Quick Look plug-in is found then neither will load. If that doesn't fix the problem you can test the Quick look plug-in by running the Terminal program and typing in the following:

Code: Select all

glmanage -p /Users/[username]/Library/Caches/Metadata/DVDpedia/1.pedia_md_d
The easiest way to get the path of the file you can't preview into the terminal is to drag and drop it. Type only qlmanage -p and a space and then drag in the file with the CD icon. Hit return to output all the debugging information that you may send to us so that we can try to figure out the problem. Towards the bottom of the output you will be able to tell if it's finding two version of the Quick Look plugin as it will report this and then say it can't load one of the version:

Code: Select all

gnoring CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x178100 </Users/cd/Projects/DVDpedia.app/Contents/Library/QuickLook/QuickLookPedia.qlgenerator> (not loaded) as a plugin with the same identifier (com.apple.quicklookpedia) is already loaded from a different location
Can't create Quick Look Plug-in instance for CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x176db0 </Users/cd/Projects/Debug/DVDpedia.app/Contents/Library/QuickLook/QuickLookPedia.qlgenerator> (not loaded)
ZZamboni
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by ZZamboni »

Conor wrote:To redo all the Spotlight files run DVDpedia and under the help menu you will find a menu to toggle Spotlight off and on. This will recreate all the files.
I was having the same problem, and this fixed it. Thanks!