Overdue Slips

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
shoewee
Contributor
Contributor

Overdue Slips

Post by shoewee »

I am wondering if it is possible to print overdue slips of the people that borrowed books. Like one page per book in the borrowed section that i can give to students.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you want to have a slip to give out to students to remind them of a borrowed book, I'd recommend using the printing feature's 'ListThick' template. It will print 6 entries per page (so you can save some trees) and it has the overdue notice already included.
At the moment the ListThick template doesn't include the borrower's name but you could easily include that by replacing one of the fields on the template (Price seems like an easy choice). To do that, you'd have to ctrl-click (right-click) the Bookpedia icon and choose 'Show package contents'. Then navigate to Contents/Resources/Templates/. Open the PrintingListThick.html file with any good text editor and look for the line:

Code: Select all

[translate:price]:</span> [key:price]
Change 'price' to 'borrowedBy'.
Now to save the file (so it doesn't get overwritten the next time you update Bookpedia), you have to create a folder called Templates in your Bookpedia data folder. By default this is located in your Home folder under User/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. Save your PrintingListThick.html file into that Templates folder (you might want to change the name to PrintingMyListThick.html, just so you remember it's a template you customized) and you'll be able to pick the template from the template menu under the printing feature now.

Alternatively, you could use one of the Export templates and choose to export one entry per page so you can print those from Safari to give to your students.
shoewee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shoewee »

I tried doing that, and it gave me the borrowed by person, but then it didn't show the picture of the book. It just gave me a blue square with a ? as the picture.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The key for the cover image location should be [key:localCoverImageURL] for printing templates and [key:coverImageURL] if you are doing an HTML export, double check on that. Otherwise send us the template and we can look at it.