DVDpedia: Field Viewer Rating in intelligent Collections

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia: Field Viewer Rating in intelligent Collections

Post by JuergenS »

Hi,

I can enter text ratings in the field Viewer Rating, thats fine for me, but when I like to create an intelligent collection with this field it only checks numbers.

Could you please change that? My rating is text based, like "sehr gut", "gut", etc.

It also would be nice to create a auto fill for this field.

Bye,
Juergen
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Jurgen,

Most users use a number for the viewer rating, hence why it's treated like a number. What I would suggest it to move your viewer rating to one of the custom fields, you will get the ability to treat it like a word in the smart collections as well as gain autofill ability. (The only disadvantage is that it's not on the first tab, but you can display it as a column on the table and edit there as well.)

If you like to do this your going to have to make the switch outside of DVDpedia. The database is XML and text based so it can be edited by a test editor. Run a rebuild database from under the help menu to clean up the database then quit DVDpedia. While DVDpedia is not running find the file ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/info.xml and make a copy as backup. Then open the file and do a search for "<key>ViewerRating</key>" and replace it for "<key>CustomOne</key>". Now you will have switched all your viewer ratings to the custom one field. (The only thing to make sure of is to have nothing in the custom field that you are moving your viewer rating to as it will be overwritten.)

Regards,
Conor
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JuergenS »

Hi Conor,

I already though of using a custom field for this, but there are not enough custumfields available. At the moment I use the four customfield for "Original Title" (waiting for the update where this is a nativ field), "Music" (filling it with composer and songs from IMDB), "Rating Picture Quality" and "Rating Sound Qualitiy". When "Original Title" become a native field the fourth customfield will be filled with "Rating DVD Features".

You see, all customfields are in use. Maybe it's possible to add two or three more customfields.

Until I'll be able to import all the data from my FileMaker-Database without a loosing anything, I use DVDpedia only for testing it's capabilitys.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the information. We have plans to have indefinite custom fields; but this is a bit far off as if it is implemented we would have to redo the entire edit/add panel to be more flexible.
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JuergenS »

Hi Conor,

indefinite custom fields sounds good to me. :)

Maybe the customfields could be integrated like the Credits, so the gui changes are not to heavy.

If you like, I can post a view screenshots from my actuall FileMaker database so you can better understand from what base I come.