upc code doesn't work and oxd movie organizer import

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
code101

upc code doesn't work and oxd movie organizer import

Post by code101 »

Hi, I just buy my copy of Dvdpedia, great software for wich I thank you:

using upc search dvdpedia doesn't recognize any film I try. Is this because my dvds are italian, o there could be another way to explain this fact?

Then: can I import my movies collection from oxd movie organizer? I tried to export this in xml file and after to import with dvdpedia, coying all directors of the program with xml file, but nothing happened. Is a sort of plug-in requested or did I make some mistakes?

Thanks

a.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately the Italian search sites do not support search by UPC.

Export your movies in a coma or tab delimited file that you can then import into DVDpedia. After the import you be able to use the get more info feature to gather the covers and any missing information that your previous organizer did not have.
code101

Post by code101 »

Conor wrote:Unfortunately the Italian search sites do not support search by UPC.
To understand better: italian upc codes aren't recognized neither by italian site nor other site, even if european?

Thank you very much Conor.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Give us a few days and will look at adding bol.it EAN search to the plug-in as they now have that option. Amazon is very good with EANs but unfortunately there is no Amazon.it, I don't know if the the European Amazon sites would have the Italian EANs as they probably differ in Italy from the UK, French and German EANs for the same movie.
code101

Post by code101 »

ok Conor, but it's more my curiosity that a real necessity.

thank you for your quick response, and best congratulations for your work.

a.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have uploaded DVDpedia with a new version of the bol.it plug-in that will be able to take UPCs and EANs. So download DVDpedia again and you should be able to scan those Italian DVDs.
code101

Post by code101 »

it works! thank you conor!