Optimize for widescreen monitors

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
melville

Optimize for widescreen monitors

Post by melville »

Love the apps, in my case DVDpedia.

However, for widescreen monitors I feel that DVDpedia can be optimized better. Personally, I only use 7 columns so I don't need a lot of horizontal space for the collection.

One thing that could really help is if you could move the Information drawer to the side of the collection (as a sidebar), instead of at the bottom. This way you also have the full vertical space for the collection list, something I prefer.

I've attached a screenshot to make my current situation clearer. Thanks for the great apps and keep up the wonderful work!

Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the feedback. The original DVDpedia used to be that way, years back when drawers were still the rage (today they are hard to find). We would like to have a widescreen layout as an option, for those who don't need the column space. But, like Apple with Mail, we've been having trouble getting around to implementing that. In our case because the code for the views is not very flexible, views like the info view were not easy to create back when the info view was developed; now things are getting better (in fact exceedingly easy with Leopard). Rest assured an update of the views is on the to do list and your vote has been added to the widescreen feature request.
melville

Post by melville »

Thanks for the answer, Conor! I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah with Apple Mail it's very similar. There's a nice plugin for it for a widescreen layout: Letterbox