Scan folders, specify Artwork Site, Print Templates OSX

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
dukevim
Inductee
Inductee

Scan folders, specify Artwork Site, Print Templates OSX

Post by dukevim »

Hi, I don't know if these things are easy, or even possibly already present, but I would love the following.

Scan folders for files / folders with movie titles, then automatically add them to the library.

Specify a preferred artwork site - I suggest - http://www.impawards.com - a site I found in your forums, and is truly the best source - I really prefer theatrical posters.

Finally I don't understand how to design a print template, or how to only print one "movie" rather than the entire collection? This should be possible according to the instructions, but maybe they only apply to the PC version. Suffice to say I would like to have a template with white text on a black background - shouldn't be too much to ask right?
Zevlag
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zevlag »

Well, I'm not the guy with answers to your questions/suggestions. But why would you want to print on a black background? That would use up quite a large amount of ink.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is no print only selection at the moment. You have to first select "new collection from selection" under the file menu and then print.

For creating a new print template, open the DVDpedia.app with ctrl-click and "Show Package Contents" and navigate to Contents/Resources/Templates select one of the print templates you like best, the names ends in "Printing.html" and copy it to your data folder under ~/Libarary/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates (you might have to create the Templates folder). Then rename the file to MyPrintPrinting.html and in a text editor you can now change the HTML to have a black background and a white text. Adding the following to the CSS will do it (there might be CSS attributes for specific sections that override the text color so you will have to remove those if there are any):

Code: Select all

body{
 color:white;
 background-color:black;
}
There still is no option for scanning a folder full of movies and adding them, as determining the name of the movie and other information can be very tricky.