[DVDpedia] Help with HTML templates

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDpedia] Help with HTML templates

Post by Rigido »

Ciao Conor,
as you can imagine I started playing with HTML templates. It looks like some variables (i.e. key:title) are meaningful just between the <!--BeginRepeat--> and <!--EndRepeat--> tags, is it right?
Is there any way to set the window's title to the currently displayed DVD? Are the key names the same as in the plugin source (i.e. key:originalTitle for the original title)?

EDIT: I forget to tell you that DVDpedia didn't create any myXXXXX template when I clicked on Modify, I modified the original one and "Saved as...".
Is there any way to let DVDpedia write the key description in the currently selected language? My OS is in English and thanks to Nora I'm using DVDpedia in Italian but the template output is "Director" instead of "Regia" it would be nice to enter something like [keydecsription:director] to have localized key names.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [DVDpedia] Help with HTML templates

Post by Conor »

The keys for the templates are the same as the plugins. The key: tags are only valid within <!--BeginRepeat--> and <!--EndRepeat--> as they refer to a single DVD, if you export more than one DVD per page how would DVDpedia know what value to use for a key: tag that is not inside the repeat section. However if your exporting a single DVD per page, there is no reason you can't put the <!--BeginRepeat--> as the first line to make key: active on the entire page and set the title of the window. Otherwise if you want it to follow a selection that would be a job for Javascript.

Strange that it did not create the MyXXXX file, we will keep a look out for reports about that, but if you have an error in your console log do let us know.

To translate the field names use [translate:director].
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Thank you for all of the tips...working on it. :)
Just checked for the "my..." template and there are no message on the Console log, it just opens a new Finder window with the chosen template selected...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

it just opens a new Finder window with the chosen template selected
But 'My' is not appended to the name of the template opened in the Finder?
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Ciao Nora,
no, there is no "my" appended to the name of the template. Here you can see a screenshot after pressing the "Modifica" (Modify) button: