DVDpedia Front Row plugin question

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
dipdog21

DVDpedia Front Row plugin question

Post by dipdog21 »

When I select a movie from the DVDpedia front row folder and I have to stop playback, is there some kind of setting in DVDpedia where when I select this movie again it will either pickup where I left off, or prompt me to restart or continue where I last stopped. I just started to use DVDpedia and was using the Sapphire plugin. I really like DVDpedia's display better but this restart thing is something Sapphire had that was nice. Also one other question. I have a folder on a NAS drive that has all of my movies. Is there a way for DVDpedia to scan that folder and extract the titles or do I have to enter them one by one then link them. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia Front Row plugin question

Post by Conor »

DVDpedia does not keep track of the last played position for the movie, but your movie player should; both DVD Player and VLC keep track of the last position, but DVD Player does not for movie files that are not DVDs. Directly from DVDpedia the movie is passed to your preferred movie playing application, the Front Row plug-in I believe always uses QuickTime.

There is no direct import of a folder full of movies. So you have to add them each or create a text list of the path to the file to import into DVDpedia. There is more detail on this post. Thank you for the feedback.