DVDpedia: Amazon downloader doesn't ignore (II)

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia: Amazon downloader doesn't ignore (II)

Post by jenv »

If I have a cast member named Polly Adams (from United 93, in case you want to test it) in my credits, and I do a Get Advanced Info from Amazon, DVDpedia will download an entry for "Polly Adams (II)". These are obviously the same person. DVDpedia should have an option to ignore the trailing "(II)" when matching names.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia: Amazon downloader doesn't ignore (II)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. I tried it out and I see the issue. Polly Adams is a special case, if it happens with any other actor let us know so that we can see if there is a possible general fix.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jenv »

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
B000W7GFG4
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
B000E6EK3S

Make sure you already have a Credit for Emma Watson. Then do a Get Advanced Info/Amazon US. Note the new duplicate entry for "Emma Watson (II)". I dunno, maybe Amazon is just screwed up, since not all HP movies are like this. I submitted a request at Amazon to change the name.
Last edited by jenv on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information, we will look into it. Thank you for also taking the time to try and fix the issue at the source with Amazon.