Better country organization

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
kevindosi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Better country organization

Post by kevindosi »

I like foreign films, so the "Country" field comes in handy for me. This is the same reason I made a feature request for the map view. I think the country field is somewhat flawd, though. When I look at the statistics, it tells me how many films I have from the UK... then how many I have from the UK and Australia... then how many from the UK, Australia and USA. It's basing its results on exact matches of the entire "Country" field, rather than what the country field contains. If the country field says "Australia, UK, USA" in it, I don't think the statistics should show that I have 1 movie from Australia, UK USA.... rather, the film should be counted in each category. Maybe people disagree with me on this, but I think the whole country statistics are kind of useless when half of my movies have more than one country in them.
The main reason that this is a problem for me is in Front Row. I use the front row plugin very often, and browsing by country is useless in this situation. So, I think it would be nicer if the country statistics were based on what the country field contains, rather than an exact match. Does anyone agree? I imagine that this would be pretty easy to change, too. Not sure if the change would be automatically reflected in the front row plugin, though.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Better country organization

Post by Conor »

We have been thinking of changing some fields to be multi-value fields, just like the tags field. The country field is a perfect candidate, try out the beta. We don't make the Front Row plug-in but will pass it on to the developer of the plug-in once we officially make the change in the next release version so that he is aware and can update the plug-in if he would like.