DVDpedia 4.5.5: HTML export problem

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
caseelse
Captain
Captain

DVDpedia 4.5.5: HTML export problem

Post by caseelse »

Hi Conor and Nora,

I've encountered a bit of an interesting problem with the HTML export feature in DVDpedia 4.5.5:

I'm using a self-made template for exporting collections in order to create sub pages to a main index page with all movies in my library. In earlier versions this template created only one (1) html file which listed all movies in the exported collection.

Now, however, individual html files are created for each movie with the html file for the first movie in the list being named "index.html". Has anything changed in the parameters for the HTML export templates to cause this behaviour?

Thanks so much for your help :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia 4.5.5: HTML export problem

Post by Conor »

We had to restructure the export a bit in order to add the following enhancment from 4.5.5 release notes:
Ability to export files based on item title with template command: <meta name="uidNaming" content="title" />

The restructuring was also a chance to make it more maintainable and prepare it for the future, however the change should not have been noticeable to a user.

Make sure your template has the meta command to only export a single page, it would be:

Code: Select all

<meta name="PageSplit" content="99999" />
If it still exports several pages could you please email me your template files so that I can run them myself and find out why it's not doing a single export.
caseelse
Captain
Captain

Post by caseelse »

Well, changing the uidNaming meta tag to "title" instead of "yes" isn't very useful for my purpose, and I've always had the PageSplit meta tag on 50000 anyway.

It looks as if the export was ignoring the BeginRepeat and EndRepeat tags in the main template and exported only the first movie in the sequence to the main index file. Very weird...

I sent you my main template file. Any help you can give me is greatly(!) appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D
caseelse
Captain
Captain

Post by caseelse »

Just for the benefit of others who might have the same problem with legacy templates:

Conor solved the problem. I still had the meta tag
<meta name="uidNaming" content="yes" />
in my main export template. This tag should only be in the details template.

Once I deleted this from my main template, the export worked just as it did before 4.5.5.

Thanks Conor. You're brilliant :D