trouble synching with iOS6

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
singdude
Contributor
Contributor

trouble synching with iOS6

Post by singdude »

I'm using a Mac and iPhone. I updated my iphone to iOS6. I also had to restore my phone as it wasn't synching to itunes anymore. I got the problem fixed, but all my CDpedia info was erased on my phone. It is still on my computer, so that's no problem. But when I try to synch, I get the error message to "please launch or restart the pedia program on your Mac." It is already on, so I quit and reopen, but I still get the same message. I did the procedure of exporting the collection to my desktop, then dragging it into the info field in iTunes. It managed to restore the library but none of the covers. It keeps trying to load covers, but they don't appear. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: trouble synching with iOS6

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the explanation. Try restarting the iPhone or turning Bluetooth off on the iPhone, some people had issues with that in the past on their iPhones.
singdude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by singdude »

I had tried restarting the phone. Now I've also tried turning bluetooth off. Same error message. An interesting observation - I tried to close out the program on the iphone but it doesn't actually show up as a running app. I can open it and see the info (just not the covers) Should I delete the app and re-install it?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry to hear it was not the Bluetooth. The fact that it's not showing in iOS as a running app, I would recommend also deleting it completely and downloading a brand new version from the App Store and try the sync again.

If you do manage to get the sync working remember to hold down the option key on the Mac to tell it to send all the covers again regardless of the covers that Pocketpedia thinks it has. Strange that they did not transfer via the cable. Do try that option again and make sure that Pocketpedia is quit while the transfer is taking place then launching it once the transfer has finished, just to do something different. A busy screen should come up with information on how many covers it's copying over into the programs folder when launching Pocketpedia for the first time.
singdude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by singdude »

I tried reinstaling the app. Still wouldn't synch. I again dragged the export to the apps window. The info is in the app, but still no covers and still it won't synch, even when connected to the computer. Same error message, that it isn't recognizing the my cdpedia program is running on my computer. But I do at least get a running app on the iphone now. Any other ideas?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try "creating a network" from under the Airport menu in the main menu bar and then connecting your iPhone to that new network. This is a way to test if the sync works after bypassing your local router. If it work it would indicates that your router is blocking the Bonjour signal from CDpedia from reaching Pocketpedia.
singdude
Contributor
Contributor

Post by singdude »

Okay, that worked, thanks! So now how do I keep my router from blocking your signal? It never did before.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That is a tough question, there are so many possible settings on a router. You can try simply turning it off and on again, or fiddling with some of the network settings.